This is a brilliant, tasty recipe that the kids can get involved in making. Even picky eaters will gobble up these crispy, cheesy morsels. Give your niños a boost of calcium and protein today with this quick weeknight meal!
MAKES ENOUGH FOR 2-4 HUMANS
- 4 Wholegrain flour tortillas
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheese
- 4 Teaspoons vegetable oil
- Lay a tortilla down on the chopping board, cover half of the tortilla with half of the shredded cheese. Fold the tortilla to make a semi-circle shape with the cheese inside. Press down on the folded tortilla to make a nice secure parcel. ** If you want to customize your recipe: add chopped tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, ham, black beans, chicken, chopped canned green chiles or minced pickled jalapenos Add 2 tablespoons of your favourite add-ons when you sprinkle on the cheese in step 1.
- Set the skillet to a medium heat. Brush the top of each tortilla with vegetable oil and set oil side down in the pan. Brush remaining oil on other side of tortillas.
- Allow quesadillas to brown on each side (2-3mins each)
- Once browned slide quesadillas from pan, allow to cool a little before cutting and serving warm.